October is Breast cancer awareness month. This is a very important issue that affects many people in so many ways. You can quickly create this Breast cancer awareness headband in the Mini Bowdabra in minutes. Since you attach all the bows together in the Bowdabra there are fewer steps. Tie the bow with the wire to the elastic headband and you are finished! This headband is so easy you will want to make more than one!
- Mini Bowdabra bow maker
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Pink tulle 6 inches wide
- 5/8” wide pink satin ribbon
- Pink elastic headband
- Gather your supplies.
- Measure 36 inches of 6-inch wide pink tulle and fold in half lengthwise.
- Cut about 14 inches of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert in the Mini Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two wires on the other.
- Begin inserting the folded tulle into the bow maker from the top scrunching down like an accordion. Make sure it is even on each side. Continue inserting the tulle until you reach the end.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of 5/8” pink satin ribbon. Cut both ends at an angle and run a lighter quickly along the edges to keep them from fraying.
- Fold the satin ribbon in half into a loop at the top.
- Make sure there is an equal amount of ribbon on each side and insert into the Bowdabra on top of the tulle. Scrunch down with the wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the Bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Remove from the Bowdabra turn to the back and tie a knot. Adjust the bow and tulle.
- Using the bow wire, insert through the netting of the elastic headband and tie on the bow making a knot to secure.