You can quickly create these little Minion hair bows for your special little minion. It’s easy to create with simple supplies and recycled lightweight denim. Add this little minion to the back of your mini bows, attach a ribbon lined alligator hair clip and you’re done! He is so cute that your little one will want to wear these bows all the time. Don’t stop here though make some for gifts too. What little girl doesn’t love hair bows and these are so inexpensive and easy to make you will want to try them with church groups and Girl Scout troops too!
- Yellow stiffened felt
- Scraps of gray and black felt
- Wiggle eyes
- Tacky glue or fabric glue
- Recycled lightweight denim jean fabric
- Disappearing marker
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Minion pattern
- Ribbon lines alligator hair clips
- Mini Bowdabra bow maker with ruler
- Bowdabra bow wire
Make the minion:
- Download and print the minion pattern. Use the disappearing marker to trace the body onto the yellow stiffened felt and cut out. Trace the goggle pattern onto some scrap gray felt. If you want your minion to have two eyes cut two, otherwise cut one.
- Cut thin strips from the black felt and use a line of glue to attach across the face. Attach a wiggle eye to the center of the gray felt circle with some more glue and then glue on top of the black felt strip. (If you want you minion to have two eyes glue two side by side over the black felt)
Make the bow:
- Cut a 12” length of bow wire, fold in half and place in the Mini bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two wires on the other.
- Measure and cut 10” x 1 ½” strips of the lightweight denim fabric. Dovetail the ends by folding in half and cutting at an angle.
- Find the center of the strip and insert into the bow maker wrong side up.
- Make a loop to the 1 ½” line. Make a matching loop on the other side.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove, turn to the back and tie a knot. Cut off any excess wire.
- Using the glue gun place the prepared minion to the back of the bow with the minion facing towards the front. Let the glue set. Add a ribbon covered alligator hair clip to the back. Make a second hair bow for a set if desired.