Well we lived through the blizzard of 2016 and while I love snow, I’m kind of sick of shoveling. The snowflakes were very pretty though and this little lace crocheted snowflake or flower center for hair bows reminds me of the beautiful snowflakes as they fell (before the shoveling began) You can use these cute little rosettes in so many ways. Use them as extra bling on cards and in scrapbooks. Use them to create elegant lacy brooches. Especially use them to accent hair bows and accessories. You will want to make a whole blizzard worth of these little flakes!
It’s easy to crochet with lace and makes such a pretty little flower. (or snowflake) After you crochet this little flower follow this easy tutorial to create this cute hair bow. You can change the colors of the ribbon to fit any season. Wouldn’t red and white for Valentine’s Day be perfect?
- White lace
- Buttons or gems
- Crochet hook size H
- Begin by gathering a crochet hook size ”œH” and a spool of white lace.
- Single crochet (sc) 4 chains.
- Slip Stitch (ss) in the first chain to form a ring. Chain 3.
- Double crochet (dc) in the ring, 8 times.
- Slip Stitch (ss) to close the circle, and single crochet (sc) 4.
- Slip Stitch (ss) into the next stitch, single crochet (sc) 4. Continue all the way around the circle.
- Fasten off and trim away or sew in excess lace.
- Make a matching white lace flower.
- Sew on a button center or glue a gem in place.
- Your lace flowers are complete and will look beautiful either alone or on the center of a hair bow.