Design a St. Patrick’s Day hair bow to wear on March 17th or any day of the year. Create a boutique style St. Patrick’s Day hair bow with long ribbon tails using your Mini Bowdabra along with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. This style bow is perfect for ponytails!
Tutorial by Bowdabra designer Sarah Forhan
- 5″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- 5/8″ Grosgrain Printed Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Clover Charm
- Hair Clip
- Hot Glue Gun
- Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this hair bow. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire inside of the Mini Bowdabra.
- Place the end of the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra. I used 6″ wide tulle that I folded in half.
- Fold the tulle to create your first loop. Continue folding the tulle until you have a total of four loops. Trim the tulle from the spool.
- Cut 22″ of 1.5″ wide grosgrain, fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold the ribbon over the Mini Bowdabra tower and 2″ from the end press the tail in.
- Fold the other ribbon over the Mini Bowdabra towers and press it into the Mini Bowdabra 2″ from the end of the ribbon.
- Press the ribbon loops into the Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch down with the wand to hold it all in place.
- Cut a 5″ piece of 1.5″ wide grosgrain ribbon, dovetail the ends. Place the ribbon strand into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Cut a 22″ piece of 5/8″ wide printed ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center, at the center point press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Use the wand to hold it all in place.
- Fold the ribbon to the 1.5” mark on the ruler to make two loops with extra long tails. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- Thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire ends through the loop.
- Pull the wire tightly.
- Remove the bow from Mini Bowdabra and knot the back of the bow.
- Trim the excess of tulle around the bow. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the charm onto the bow. Hot glue a gem to the center of the bow to hide the wire.
- Trim away excess wire and hot glue a hair bow clip or elastic to the back of the bow.
- Your St. Patrick’s Day hair bow with long ribbon tails is complete.