Recycling is all about using what you have. And crafting with nature that is all round us is easy and best of all, free! To make this beautiful rustic spring flower vase simply collect twigs from your yard that are similar in size, color, and thickness. Use the Bowdabra to make a beautiful bow to accent your vase.
Quick, easy and recycling at it’s finest!
- Twigs and sticks
- Recycled square metal container
- Assorted width wired ribbon
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Gardening shears
- Clear spray varnish and sealer
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Begin by collecting twigs and sticks. You will also need a square container that can hold water. A container that held tea is perfect.
- Use the gardening shears to cut the twigs to fit along the front of the recycled square container.
- Hot glue the sticks onto the container all around. You may have to layer some sticks on top of each other to completely hide the metal container.
- Once you have finished attaching all the sticks and twigs, spray with a clear varnish and sealer. Let dry according to the manufacturers instructions. Tie a piece of ribbon around the vase and dove tail the ends.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of Bow wire, fold in half and place it in the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Insert the end of the large width ribbon into the Bowdabra.
- Fold and twist the ribbon to form your first loop.
- Create a matching loop on the other side. Make two more identical loops slightly smaller than the bottom ones.
- Place the end of the smaller wired ribbon in the Bowdabra. Fold and press loops into place. Make each set of loops smaller than the last. Create a final loop for the center of the bow. Cut away any excess ribbon.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Thread the loose wire ends through the loop on one side and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, separate the wire ends and tie in a knot. Repeat with another knot.
- Fluff and shape the wire ribbon bow.
- Attach the bow to the vase with the excess wire and use a pencil to curl the ends if desired.
From everyone at the Bowdabra design team we hope you enjoy this fun and easy recycled spring flower vase!