Who doesn’t love a party favor? June is an ideal time for weddings so why not use the Bowdabra and this easy tutorial to create a fun little party favor for all the party guests. These open in case of emergency are always a huge hit! You an fill these treat bags with the bridal party colors but don’t stop there they make great party favors for baby showers, office parties and more!
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair bow tool and ruler
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 3/8” satin ribbon in ivory
- Scrap ribbon to match color scheme
- Treat bags
- Circle tags
- Colorful scrapbook paper
- Glue or glue dots
- Place the hair bow tool and ruler attachment onto the Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert it into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two wires on the other.
- Take a circle tag, add on a glue dot and layer it onto coordinating scrapbook paper.
- Cut around the tag, leaving a border around the tag.
- Write your message on the tag. We wrote, “Open in case of an emergency.”
- Use a 6″ piece of Bowdabra wire ribbon and attach it to the tag.
- Cut strips of coordinating scrap ribbon and place them one at a time into the center of the Mini Bowdabra to match the colors of your event. Add the tag on top of that.
- Make a tail and fold the coordinating satin ribbon into the Bowdabra. Use the measurement marks to make equal bows and tails.
- Scrunch ribbon with Mini Bowdabra wand.
- While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knot it off.
- Add M & Ms or any mini candy to the treat bags and tie the ribbon to the bag with the extra Bowdabra wire.