Dress up your graduation gifts with a beautiful Bowdabra graduation tassel gift bow. Celebrate the pomp and circumstance in style. You can easily create this beautiful bow with the Bowdabra mini bow maker and embellish with a personalized tassel to accent your gifts. I’ve made my tassel in the traditional black but you can make yours in any color you desire. It’s easy and so elegant when you attach it to a graduation gift.
- Bowdabra Mini Bow maker
- 28 inches 6-inch wide sparkle white tulle
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Embroidery floss in desired color
- Silver bead cap
- Heavy piece of cardboard 2” x 1”
- E6000 glue
- Cut a 3 –inch piece of embroidery floss and place it lengthwise across the top of the cardboard piece. Using the additional floss wrap around the cardboard 12 times.
- Tie the top piece of floss in a knot and remove the tassel. Cut the bottom apart.
- Place some glue on the top of the tassel and thread the two loose tied pieces through the top of a bead cap. Let the glue dry.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of silver Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the Mini Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other side.
- Begin inserting the tulle from the top of the Bowdabra feeding it into the Bowdabra like an accordion.
- Continue inserting the tulle till you have used it all. Insert the tassel into the Bowdabra.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Thread the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight for the slipknot. Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, turn to the back, separate the wires and tie a knot.
- Fluff out the bow and trim off any excess or uneven tulle. Attach to a gift package or card with tape.