Make this cute mustache duct tape Father’s Day gift bow to accent Dad’s gift this year. You know it’s always hard to come up with creative ways to decorate a gift for a special dad. And this fun bow is so easy to create with the Mini Bowdabra bow maker and some mustache duct tape. As an alternate try using camo duct tape for the outdoor dad. Don’t stop with just Dad though there are so many duct tape prints and styles that you can make gift bows for any occasion!
- Mustache duct tape
- Mini Bowdabra with ruler
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Hot glue gun
- Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this bow.
- To make the duct tape bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Place two pieces of duck tape together so there is no sticky side. Cut the tape 10″ long and dovetail the ends.
- Cut another strand 20″ long and fold it in half lengthwise. Place the end into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold and place the ribbon at the 2″ mark onto the Mini Bowdabra.
- Make a total of four loops.
- Cut a thin strip of duct tape 20″ long and add little loops. Leave a small piece of the duct tape remaining for the finishing ribbon.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- Thread the two tail ends of the wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
- Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the back.
- Trim away excess wire and hot glue a finishing ribbon into place.
- Hot glue the bow to the gift.
Tutorial by Bowdabra designer Sarah Forhan
Would you like to join the Bowdabra design team? Check out this design team call today.