Spring floral hair bow
Spring is in the air with flowers blooming everywhere so why not make a floral spring hair bow to wear all season long? Using the Bowdabra it is so easy to create an adorable bow with some wired ribbon and some small silk flowers.
This style bow is perfect for any age and is great for weddings, formal occasions, proms and more.
- Mini Bowdabra with Hair bow tool and ruler attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- 1 ¼”wire edged ribbon floral print on one side
- 1” wide satin ribbon
- Mini silk flowers
- Alligator clips
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Gather your supplies.
- Begin by cutting an 18-inch piece of bow wire, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Cut a 32” piece of 1 ¼” wired ribbon, floral printed on one side. Seal the ends lightly with a lighter. Working with printed side facing down, insert into the Bowdabra.
- Make a loop at the 2-inch mark. Bring it over to the other side twisting as you press it into the Bowdabra making a matching loop. You want the loops to be facing right side up.
- Continue folding and twisting the ribbon back and forth until you have three loops on each side.
- Cut a piece of 1” satin ribbon 5 ½” long, dovetail the ends, and seal with a lighter. Center and press the ribbon strip into the Bowdabra. Next add the silk flowers. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove, turn over tot he back, separate the wires and tie in a knot. Fluff and arrange the bow.
- Cut a piece of the satin ribbon fold in half lengthwise and attach to the center of the bow with some hot glue. Add an alligator hair clip on the back.