If you’ve seen the Bermuda bows at Nordstroms and other department stores and websites you know just how expensive they can be. You can make a Bermuda bow with the Bowdabra in just minutes and use any ribbon or color you would like for pennies!
You won’t believe how easy it is to create a big, beautiful and edgy Bermuda bow! Use a French clip clasp, which will hold any hair thickness with ease.
You will want to make extra bows for gifts. And since its June wedding season right now, these bows make an extra special Bridesmaid’s gift!
- 2 ¼” wide grosgrain ribbon
- Bowdabra mini bow maker
- Bowdabra bow wire
- French clip clasp
- Needle nosed pliers
Easy steps to a beautiful Bermuda bow
- First, gather your supplies.
- Cut a 15” length of 2 ¼” wide grosgrain ribbon, fold in half and cut the ends at an angle.
- Use a lighter to run lightly over the ends so they don’t fray.
- Next, cut an 18” length of Bowdabra bow wire, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop at one side and two loose wires at the other.
- Insert the end of the ribbon into the Bowdabra just slightly pass the edge.
- Fold the other side into a loop matching up the angles of the ribbon ends.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the Bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, turn around and tie a knot in the back.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon to fit around the bow, Glue both side to the center to make it half as wide.
- Now, take apart the French clip. Using the needle nosed pliers carefully remove the curved portion of the clip. Note how it is attached. Now, using the glue gun attach the small ribbon piece around the center of the bow from front to the back. (Taking apart the French clip makes it easier to wrap the center around the bow)
- Finally, reattach the curved piece of the French clip and your Bermuda bow is ready to wear.
You can find the Mini Bowdabra at all the major craft stores, Walmart, and online!