You will surely be the hit of the party when you make a sleepover breakfast party favor for each of your child’s guests. For one thing, breakfast is on the table in a flash and the best part is the surprise detachable hair bow with each treat.
School will soon be back in session and with it comes sleepovers. After they play till the wee hour who wants to get up and fix a big breakfast? Adults and kid’s especially love cereal. In fact, you can get a different one for each taste and dietary needs. I used the round tubs but you can easily substitute the little rectangular boxes instead. Make a sleepover breakfast party favor for each girl in all the same color or change it up to match each one’s fave.
Then, after the party each guest will get to take home a lasting memento. And you will have less clean up and more fun.
Lets make a sleepover breakfast party favor
- Individual Cold or hot cereals
- Plastic spoon for each sleepover breakfast party favor
- 7/8” grosgrain ribbon in desired color
- Hot glue and hot glue sticks
- Mini Bowdabra bow maker with hair bow tool
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Rhinestone, cabochons, button or other bling for the center of the bow
- Alligator hair clip
- First, gather your supplies. To start, measure how much ribbon you will need to wrap around the cereal container.
- Starting at the bottom, add some hot glue to the center. Attach the end of the ribbon and begin to wrap around adding more hot glue as you go. Continue to wrap up the sides and across the top. Don’t add any glue to the top center since that is where you will insert your spoon.
- Then, continue gluing and attaching ribbon down the other side till you meet at the other end. Check to see that the spoon will easily fit under the ribbon on the top. Set aside.
Now, make your hair bow
- Next make the bow. First, cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18” long, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Now, cut a 15” piece of 7/8” wide grosgrain ribbon, then fold in half to find the center and insert into the Bowdabra.
- Then you make a loop with one end, bring it around and insert the end under and into the Bowdabra.
- Now, Bring the other end across the first loop, bring it under and insert the end into the Bowdabra. To clarify, it will look like an X.
- Now, to finish the bow, push the first loop into the Bowdabra, then push the second (top loop) into the Bowdabra and you will form the bow.
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove the bow, turn to the back and tie a knot. Tie a second knot and then arrange the bow if necessary.
- Finally, using the hot glue gun attach an alligator clip to the back of the bow. Cut off any extra wire. You may optionally add a small charm, rhinestone or ornament to the center of the bow with some more hot glue because you can never have too much bling!
- Lastly, attach the removable hair bow to the spoon on the top of the sleepover breakfast party favor.
Sleepovers can be stressful for parents. On the positive side, it’s a great way to meet your child’s friends and have a little fun in the process. When you have asleepover breakfast party favor for all the guests you’ve got morning covered.