Show the world you care with this quick and easy breast cancer awareness magnet. This DIY breast cancer awareness magnet is so easy to make you will want one for all your metal surfaces. Display them on the fridge, file cabinets and lockers.
October is breast cancer awareness month. Whether you are a survivor or know a mom, sister, friend or others who have survived show them you care. And while you are at it make some extra magnets to give away as gifts.
Lets make the breast cancer awareness magnet
- Clear Frame with Magnet
- Die Cuts
- Sticker Lettering
- 3/8″ Pink Satin Ribbon
- 3/8″ Pink Grosgrain
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Glue Dots
- Embellishment (optional)
- Begin by creating the message to go inside of the magnet. Then, look for some breast cancer awareness slogans and quotes on the internet.
- First make the bow for the magnet. Start by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Then, cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next, dovetail the end of 3/8″ pink satin ribbon. Then make a 2″ tail and press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next fold the ribbon to make a loop at the 1″ mark.
- Fold and press to make a total of 4 loops at the 1″ mark. Then fold and press a loop at the .75″ mark.
- Now, fold at the .75″ mark on the other side. Cut and dovetail a 2″ tail.
Finish your bow
7. Scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
- Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Then, gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Now, separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To finish, tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Then twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. For the last step, hot glue an embellishment to the front of the bow. Trim away excess wire. Using glue dots attach the Mini Bowdabra Bow and a pink grosgrain breast cancer awareness ribbon to the magnet.