Wouldn’t this sweet pink ribbon bow key chain be perfect for October, Breast cancer awareness month? With the Bowdabra it couldn’t be easier. Make one for yourself, and several for gifts. It’s so adorable and inexpensive so it makes a great group craft. Show your support to find a cure!
- 1.5” Pink grosgrain ribbon
- 3/8” light pink grosgrain ribbon
- Pink lettering
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair bow tool and ruler
- Bowdabra bow wire
Pink ribbon bow key chain
- Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Then cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Next, cut 12″ of 1.5″ wide pink grosgrain ribbon – dovetail the ends.
- Now, fold the ribbon in half to create a crease mark, at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark to make your first loop.
- Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark on the other side.
- Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
- Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
- Using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow to a key chain.
- Trim away excess wire, glue lettering onto the front of the bow.
- Glue a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon to the front of the bow.
- Make a Pink ribbon bow key chain to give to friends and family.