Teach your kids to craft with this easy and fun shamrock hair clip. Crafting together with your children is a bonding experience that makes memories to last a lifetime. This shamrock hair clip is easy enough for kids to create with a little help from mom or dad.
The scrunching ribbon is so much fun to just feed into the Bowdabra from the top down, making a beautiful and shiny rosette, thus making the perfect embellishment for the felt shamrock base. Then, add a mini coin charm and the shamrock hair clip is ready to wear!
When you’ve finished, clip it in your hair, wear it on your lapel, or clip it just about anywhere you want a little St. Patrick’s Day flair!
Shamrock hair clip
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Green stiffened sparkle felt
- Shamrock pattern
- Scrunchy Gold ribbon cut 21” x 2 ½”
- Small gold coin charm
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Alligator clip
- Small piece of scrap felt ¾” x 1 ¼”
- White chalk pencil or disappearing marker
- Printer for pattern
- First, download the shamrock pattern and print out. Then, transfer the pattern to the green stiffened felt using a chalk pencil or disappearing marker. Cut out and set aside. (This is great for children’s hand dexterity)
- In order to make a small rosette, cut a length of the scrunchy ribbon 21” x 2 ½”.
- Now cut a length of Bowdabra bow wire 18” long, fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other side, which will act as a slipknot when you complete your bow.
- Begin feeding the scrunchy ribbon into the Bowdabra from the top down like an accordion. (This is fun for kids to do) Continue feeding the ribbon into the Bowdabra until you have reach the end.
- To finish your rosette, use the Bowdabra wand to scrunch it all down.
- Now, insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Separate the wires, remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie a knot.
Finishing your hair clip
- Finally, cut the extra wire and using the hot glue gun, (Mom or dad can help) attach the rosette to the center of the shamrock. Next, glue a small coin to the center of the rosette.
- Turn to the back and use the hot glue gun to add a ribbon covered alligator clip. Then, cut a small piece of green felt ¾” x 1 ¼” and add to the inside of the clip to further secure. (See photo)
If you want more quick and easy crafts, then be sure and visit Bowdabra designer, Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts and all social media!
Cute and easy and not just for kids, make one for yourself as well like our beautiful model!