I bet you have some old small silk flowers lying around. Use one to make an adorable floral dog bow to add to your pups collar with removable elastic.
Make more than one in different colors and shortly you will have an entire wardrobe of dog bows. Your dog will feel dressed for the spring season with his floral dog bow wardrobe! These bows are so quick and easy you may want to make a few as gifts for your dog loving pals.
Floral dog bow
- Mini Bowdabra with hair bow tool attachment
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Printed 1 ½” wide ribbon, 6 ½” long. (Mine had chicks on it)
- 9” printed Grosgrain ribbon 7/8” wide
- Covered elastic (white or black)
- 3/8” grosgrain ribbon
- Small silk flower
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- First, cut the printed ribbon 6 ½” long. Then, fold the ends in half and cut towards the fold to make a dovetail. After you’ve made the dovetail, then run the lighter quickly along the ends to seal.
- Next, cut an 18” piece of bow wire, then fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra. You will have loop on one side and two loose wires on the other side. Fold the wires under the Bowdabra to keep out of the way while you work.
- Fold the 1 ½”printed ribbon in half to find the center, then insert print side up into the Bowdabra.
- Now, starting wrong side up insert the 7/8” printed ribbon into the Bowdabra. Bring it across and insert the other end into the Bowdabra. Then push down the loops making sure the right side if facing up.
- Now use the Bowdabra wand to scrunch down.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra making a slipknot. At this point, remove from the Bowdabra. Turn the bow to the back, separate the wires, and tie a knot. Cut off the excess wires.
Finishing your dog bow
- Cut a 2 ¼” piece of covered elastic, or larger if your collar is wider. Attach one end to the back with the glue gun, make a loop and glue the other end. Cover the area where you glued the elastic with a small scrap of 3/8” grosgrain ribbon.
- Turn the bow to the front and attach a flower to the center of the bow. Your floral dog bow is complete and ready to slide on to the collar.
We hope that you enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial and will be sure to visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and G+ for more of her easy crafts and recipes.