Hello everyone, Tammy with you today with a fun tutorial to decorate your straw hat with a bow. I love to wear a floppy straw hat during Spring and Summer. When I saw this fun May Arts lemon ribbon, I knew it would make a perfect bow for a straw hat! Here is how I made it….
Bow for a straw hat
Bowdabra wire (24 inches)
May Arts Lemon Ribbon (2 yards)
White tulle (6 inches)
- Cut 24 inches of Bowdabra wire
- Wrap wire around Bowdabra Mini as shown and tuck under to keep our of your way while working.
- Cut a 5 foot piece of ribbon and place end upside down in Bowdabra as shown.
- Twist ribbon to show backside before placing inside Bowdabra for each loop.
- Make 2 or 3 equal size loops.
- Use wand to compact center of ribbon.
- Add a 6 inch piece of white tulle on top of bow for additional texture.
- When you are done adding ribbon and tulle, pull wire into a slip knot and tighten around bow.
- Tie a double knot in the back of the bow to secure.
- Measure ribbon around the hat and cut to size.
- Place adhesive on ribbon.
- Wrap ribbon around hat and add additional adhesive to secure.
- Use additional adhesive to attach bow to hat.
- That’s it, enjoy your cute hat! This cute bow was so easy to make with the Bowdabra Mini and this cute ribbon from May Arts Ribbon. I hope this has given you some ideas on how to use your Bowdabra Mini to create cute Summertime looks :)