I love decorating my home for each and every holiday. I’ll be displaying this Memorial Day home décor piece this year.
Supplies for Memorial Day Home Décor Piece
- 6″ square of ¾” birch plywood
- Poseidon FolkArt Coastal Texture Paint
- 15″ Bowdabra bow wire
- 4′ length of 8½” wide white tulle
- 20″ length of ½” red grosgrain ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Proxxon Thermocut (optional)
Instructions for Creating Memorial Day Home Décor Piece
- Begin by painting your board with FolkArt Coastal Texture Paint in the color Poseidon.
- When the paint is thoroughly dry, sand the surface—especially the edges and corners—to give the wood a weathered look. How much you sand will depend on how weathered you want your piece to look.
- Wrap the length of tulle around the board, just like you were wrapping a gift, and tie in a single bow.
- Cut and seal the ends of the grosgrain ribbon using the Thermocut. Alternatively, pass the ribbon ends through a flame, or coat with a thin layer of clear nail polish to seal the ends.
- Fold the bow wire in half, place in the Mini Bowdabra, and tuck the ends under the Mini Bowdabra.
- Make a three-loop bow with the grosgrain ribbon.
- Using the Mini Bowdabra Wand, compress the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
- With the bow still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- On the reverse side of the bow, tie a knot with the wire ends. Leave the ends long to attach the bow to the wrapped board. Pass the ends of the wire under the tulle bow with one end going from the top and the other from the bottom.
- Bring the wire ends to the front of the bows, and tie. Coil the wire ends around a skewer or thin pencil.
Display your Memorial Day home décor piece, and enjoy the holiday!!