Use the mini Bowdabra to magically turn an ordinary elastic hair tie into a fun patriotic rosette ponytail holder! Did you know that you could use the Bowdabra to quickly make little ribbon rosettes? Depending upon the thickness of your ribbon, it will end up rounder with thin ribbon and thicker ribbon will result in more of an oval shape Whichever you prefer, It is a perfect complement to an elastic hair tie.
The Bowdabra patriotic rosette ponytail holder is perfect for kids and adults alike! You will love how it dresses up your entire outfit!
An elastic hair tie is just that—and elastic hair tie, but make it a patriotic rosette ponytail holder and it takes on a whole new life. Kids will love them, however, it’s elegant enough for adults too! It’s a fashionable way to add some red, white and blue to your holiday ensemble.
Patriotic rosette ponytail holder
- Mini Bowdabra mini bowmaker with ruler
- Compass and pencil
- 18” Bowdabra bow wire
- Elastic hair tie
- 18 inches 2 ½” patriotic print ribbon
- Rhinestone, jewel, bauble or other small embellishment
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- First of all use the compass to mark two ½” diameter circles on a piece of felt.
- Next, cut out the felt circles with scissors
- Cut an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire fold in half and place in the Bowdabra bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire at the other end.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of 2 ½” wide wired ribbon. Run a lighter lightly over the ends to seal, and then insert directly into the Mini Bowmaker from the top. The ribbon piles up like an accordion. Scrunch the ribbon until you reach the end.
- Use the wand to push down the ribbon tightly.
- Thread the two loose ends through the loop end of the bow wire and pull tightly.
- Separate the wires, and tie a knot on the back. Finally fluff up the rosette. If you use sheer ribbon the rosette will be rounder. A thicker ribbon looks like more of an oval shape.
Finishing your ponytail holder
- Use the hot glue gun to attach one of the felt circles on the back of the rosette. Glue the elastic hair tie on top of this felt piece and then glue the other felt piece on top to secure the elastic
- Glue on a bauble, rhinestone or other embellishment in the center of the rosette if desired.
Don’t forget to come back to Bowdabra blog each week for new craft tutorials, video DIY’s and recipes! And be sure and visit Bowdabra designer, Crystal at her blog Make it easy crafts, Facebook, Pinterest, G+, bloglovin, and Twitter!