Don’t you just hate it when you can’t find your luggage at baggage claim? All the signs are right—suitcases really do look alike. Add this luggage tassel to your suitcase and you’ll be sure to spot your suitcase in a flash.
What You’ll Need to Make the Luggage Tassel
- Mini Bowdabra
- Split ring
- Lanyard clip
- 15″ Bowdabra bow wire
- 12″ length ¼” red satin ribbon
- 9″ x 6″ length gold tulle
- 9″ x 6″ length red glitter tulle
- Nine-inch length gold and white striped 1″ grosgrain ribbon
- Nine-inch length gold edged white tulle ribbon
- Two 9″ lengths old gold ½” satin ribbon
- 9″ length white and gold patterned satin ribbon
- Two 9″ lengths white and gold novelty ribbon
This is a good project for using ribbon scraps. I chose a white and gold palette with a pop of red, but you can mix and match any variety of ribbons.
Instructions for Making the Luggage Tassel
- Cut the ribbons to length. Seal the ribbon ends by passing them quickly through a flame.
- Attach the split ring to the lanyard clip.
- Pass the 12″ length of ¼” ribbon through the split ring.
- Place the ¼” ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra with equal lengths extended on each side.
- Position the split ring in the center of Mini Bowdabra ribbon support.
- Begin by stacking one of the lengths of tulle in the Mini Bowdabra. Continue to stack ribbons and remaining tulle, alternating colors and widths.
- Compress the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the tassel ribbons still in place in the Mini Bowdabra, tie the ¼” ribbon securely around them with a square knot. Remove the tassel bundle from the Mini Bowdabra.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half, and place under the tassel bundle about ¾” from the split ring.
- Pass the wire ends through the loop, and pull to tighten. Individually wrap each wire end around the tassel. Wrap the ends in the opposite direction, ending with 2″ tails.
- Tie the tails securely with a square knot. Twist the wire tails together. Bury the twisted tails in the center of the tassel.
There you go!! Fluff out the luggage tassel, and clip it to your suitcase. No more baggage claim headaches trying to spot your luggage. Safe travels. Enjoy your trips.
Be sure and visit Bowdabra blog again soon for more craft tutorials, video DIY’s and so much more!