This fresh fruit crumble top dessert is great any time of the year, but especially during the summer months when there is an array of fresh fruits available. Plus, it is an easy, no-fail recipe, sure to be hit with your family and guests.
Ingredients for the Fresh Fruit Crumble Top Dessert
For the crumble topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Half cup rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
For the fruit:
- 4 cups fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, currants, gooseberries, peaches, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.—a combination of fruits is great, too)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preparation of the Fresh Fruit Crumble Top Dessert
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9″x12″ baking dish.
- Combine ingredients for the crumble topping. Cut in butter with a pastry blender, fork, or two knives (like making pie crust). Set aside.
- Toss the fruit, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Add fruit mixture to baking dish.
- Top with crumble topping.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Come back each week to the Bowdabra blog for new recipes, craft tutorials, and video DIY’s!