Looking for a unique idea for a place setting this autumn? This autumn orange place setting is the perfect answer. Oranges are inexpensive, fragrant, and the perfect fall color. This decorated orange is great as table décor or autumn orange place setting. What a great idea for an edible place setting.
Kids can have fun too and help make this fun autumn orange place setting. It’s a super family project.
Autumn orange place setting
- Begin by wrapping an orange in tulle. Hold the tulle in place with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
- Using Glue dots wrap a piece of ribbon around the center of the orange. Add several pieces of adhesive gems onto the ribbon.
- To make the bow for the top of the orange: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
- Place tulle into the center of the Bowdabra. Scrunch down to form an accordion shape. Cut away excess ribbon.
- Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
- While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
- Fluff the bow and tie it to the top of the orange.
- For the place setting, attach tag using the leftover Bowdabra Bow Wire. –Use a pencil to spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire to make fun ringlets. Make another autumn orange place setting, and continue until you have one for all your guests.
Visit Bowdabra blog each week for new tutorials, DIY video’s and more.