Did you know you could use your Bowdabra to make fun pompoms to use in a myriad of ways? Make one in pink for October breast cancer awareness. You can make one in red and green at Christmas for package decorations or purse bling. Make some for your child’s backpack or even some for school spirit days. The uses are absolutely limitless. And right now pompoms are so in vogue!
Make pompoms with your Bowdabra
So let’s get started!
- Yarn in the desired color
- Bowdabra mini bowmaker
- Bowdabra hair bow tool and ruler
- Hairband, clips, elastics, key rings, whatever you choose
- Gather your supplies. Cut a 24” piece of matching yarn. Fold the yarn in half and insert into the Mini Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose strands of yarn on the other for your slipknot. Put the excess yarn under the Bowdabra to keep out of the way while you make your pompom.
- First, begin by inserting a piece of yarn into the Mini Bowdabra to the 1” mark.
- Next, make a loop on the other side to the 1” mark and continue making loops alternating sides.
- Now, continue making loops on each side. It will start to pile up so you may want to hold it down with your hand and scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand occasionally.
- When the yarn has piled up almost to the top of the tower, scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Finally, insert the two loose strands of yarn through the loop and pull tight while the pompom is still in the Bowdabra. Separate the ends and tie a knot. Remove from the Bowdabra and tie another knot for extra security.
- Now, using a sharp pair of scissors clip all the loops.
- After you have clipped all the loops, use the scissors to even and round out the pompom.
- Add the pompom to elastics, clips, key rings and more.
We hope you enjoyed our pompom tutorial. Did you know that you can even use the Bowdabra to make tassels as well? check out this tassel tutorial and make a gorgeous tassel too!