Make tonight a family craft night! Kids can make this easy turkey candy dish gift for your Thanksgiving table. They can even make several to give away as hostess gifts to special family and friends. What better way to brighten someone’s day?
Your little ones can make this little turkey candy dish quick and easy with this step-by-step tutorial. But don’t stop there. Wouldn’t this sweet turkey look even better with a Bowdabra bow? Follow the instructions to make a crepe paper bow for this little guy. You can adjust the color of your choice! Next, use glue dots to attach the bow to the front of the pot!
For a great money saving idea buy small chocolate wrapped candies that are marked on sale right after Halloween. You can stock up and have the candy all ready for your Thanksgiving turkey candy dish!
Kid’s craft–turkey candy dish
- Terracotta Pot
- Brown fun foam
- Red fun foam
- Orange fun foam
- Googly eyes
- Wooden craft spoon
- Glue Dots
- Begin by gathering all the materials you need for this project.
- To make the turkey head add foam to a wooden spoon add a beak, wattle, and googly eyes. Attach everything with glue dots.
- Attach a brown strip of foam along the top of the pot. Use glue dots to hold it in the place where the foam meets in the center. Attach foam feet at the bottom of the pot.
- Using glue dots attach the turkey’s head to the terracotta pot.
- Slide feathers into the back, between the foam strip and the terracotta pot.
- Place wrapped candy inside of the turkey terracotta pot.
- Gift your handmade turkey candy dish to friends and family this Thanksgiving.