Did you know that Bowdabra is like having an extra set of hands when making bows? You can quickly and easily make a fun, festive dog bow for the holidays for your pet.
It is so easy and so quick that you will want to make a whole wardrobe of festive dog bows for every season of the year. This one is great for Christmas, but you can change the colors and make a festive dog bow for any season.
If you are a dog groomer, Bowdabra is an invaluable tool to inexpensively make cute bows for any size dog.
Fun, festive dog bow
- Mini Bowdabra with hair bow tool and ruler
- 20 inches 2 ½” wired Christmas ribbon
- 18 inches Bowdabra bow wire
- Metallic elastic 1” x 2”
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Lighter to seal the ends of ribbon
- Small sparkle pompoms
- First, gather your supplies. Cut a piece of 2 ½” wired Christmas ribbon 20 inches long. Seal the ends by running a lighter quickly across.
- Next, Cut a piece of Bow wire 18” long. Fold it in half and insert into the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends under the Bowdabra to keep out of the way while you make your bow.
- Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. If your ribbon has print on only one side insert into the Bowdabra wrong side up.
- Make a loop and bring the ends around and under. Then, insert the end into the Bowdabra.
- Now, bring the other end across the first loop and insert that end under the first loop and into the Bowdabra. It will look like you’ve made an X.
- Next, insert the bottom ribbon loop into the Bowdabra. Repeat with the top loop. You have formed the bow. Now make sure the loops on both sides are even.
Finishing your dog bow
- Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wire ends through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Remove from the Bowdabra, turn to the back and tie in a knot. Fluff and arrange the bow.
- Then, cut a piece of elastic two inches long. Using the glue gun glue the elastic into a loop on the back. Cut all the extra bow wire off.
- Finally, use the glue gun to attach three small sparkle pompoms to the front and let dry.
- Lastly, use the elastic on the back to slide on and off the dog’s collar.
Once you’ve made your fun, festive dog bow you will see how easy it is to make bows with the Bowdabra, so why not get the kids involved. Check out Crafters 4 kids and download all sorts of pet and other crafts for and about kids!