Dress up a tired throw pillow by adding a spectacular bow to brighten your home decor with a holiday throw pillow.
Supplies for Holiday Throw Pillow
The following lengths are for a 16″ x 16″ pillow. Adjust according to your pillow size.
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 36″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 30″ length 5″ patterned, wired ribbon
- 24″ length 5″ patterned, wired ribbon
- Throw pillow
- Sparkly holiday brooch
- Bowdabra Bow Making and Design Tool
Instructions for Holiday Throw Pillow
- Cut wire and ribbons into appropriate lengths. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the 18″ length of Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Fold 30″ length of ribbon in half to find the center.
- Pleat the center of the ribbon with fan fold pleats. Place in the Bowdabra with the right side of the ribbon facing down.
- Pleat one end of the ribbon, bring to the center and place in the Bowdabra with the right side of the ribbon facing up.
- Pleat the second end of the ribbon, bring to the center and place in the Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons in the Bowdabra with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the top side of the bow—the side where you see the raw ends of the ribbon. Leave the wire ends long.
- Tie the 36″ length of bow wire around the center of the throw pillow, cinching it tightly to give the pillow a “waist.” Leave the wire ends long.
- Wrap the 18″ length of ribbon around the pillow with the ends meeting at the knot in the bow wire. Overlap the ribbon ends and secure in place by tying a knot with the wire ends. Trim the ends of the bow wire.
- Secure the bow by passing one of the wire ends under the ribbon belt, and tying with a secure knot. Trim the wire ends.
Finishing your holiday throw pillow
- Fluff the bow, and add a large, sparkly brooch to the center of the bow.
- Enjoy your holiday throw pillow.
If you are looking for a quick and easy gift this holiday try this adorable lollipop bouquet.