Learn how to make amazing DIY projects with the amazing Bowdabra Bowmaker. In this easy to do Bowdabra video from Facebook Live on Jan 8, 2018, Sandy Sandler, creator of the Bowdabra creates 5 amazingly quick and elegant DIY craft projects. The first tutorial is a cute Pom Pom Snowman we know you will fall in love with!
DIY craft projects with Bowdabra
1. First, to make the pompom, she inserts the Bow Wire into the Bowdabra. Then, she wraps the yarn around the Mini Bowdabra. The more yarn you use, the thicker the Pom Pom will become. The coiled yarn tied with the Bow Wire becomes the Pom Pom. When the yarn loops are cut free at the folds it is trimmed to a perfect pompom. Finally she adds a little bit of glue she sticks a snowman’s head ornament on it. With the help of the chopsticks, Sandy coils up the extra Bow Wire to make the arms and your cute snowman is ready!
2. In the next project she uses some lovely tulle with black and white spots. She scrunches it into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, she ties it up with the Bowdabra Bow Wire and it forms a perfect bow. To finish she uses the rest of the Bow Wire to tie the pretty little bow to a simple black velvet wristband.
3. In the third tutorial it is time to do some larger bows. Sandy takes up the Large Bowdabra (There is quick tip on how to make your Bowdabra have a better grip on your table) and puts in some Bow Wire folded into two. Next, she adds some pretty pink mesh. She folds the mesh neatly in large criss-crossing folds and scrunches everything into the Large Bowdabra.
Taking a piece of lovely white ribbon she twists the ribbon into the Bowdabra in big and then small folds. Finally, she adds a large flower to the bow as a finishing touch. Sandy ties everything up with the folded Bow Wire which makes a neat slip knot.
Continue making DIY craft projects
4. Up next is a delightful card with cut paper. Sandy takes two cup cakes shaped paper shapes and corrugates them. She uses glue dots to stick the cup cakes to the card. Next, she makes a tiny bow with a piece of pink ribbon for the icing with the Mini Bowdabra. she folds it into a little pink fan and sticks it over the cup cake. It looks like adorable icing!
To decorate the icing further, she takes two pieces of ribbons, blue and dark pink and makes a small hair bow to sit perfectly on the icing with a little glue dot. To add to the look, she adds a gemstone right in the centre. Ad of course it wouldn’t be a perfect cupcake without a cherry stuck on the top! And that’s how you can make a gorgeous birthday card in minutes with your personal touch!
While Sandy starts preparing for a large bow craft with the Large Bowdabra, she gives a quick recap about how earlier the Bowdabra would come with instructional videos on VHS tapes. Then as the Internet picked up, the Bowdabra instructional videos were included on a DVD. And now we have YouTube and Facebook and ebooks! And in the next 3-4 months Bowdabra will have its own App!
5. Sandy takes two strips of ribbons and folds them into the Bowdabra with slight twists. Once the long strips are neatly folded into the Bowdabra, she takes a nice peacock pick with some jewels on it and adds to the bow arrangement to make the most exquisite bow for just about anything!
Finish the DIY craft projects
Helpful tip: Keep these ready when you watch this video to start making awesome gift ideas in minutes:
Enjoy making these simple crafts with your Bowdabra tools.
Visit Bowdabra blog each week for more amazing DIY craft projects and be sure and tune in for Facebook live each Monday.