If you’ve made a resolution to start eating healthier this year you are in luck. This open-faced skinny tuna melt is delicious as well as healthy! Guest blogger Karyl from Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade shares her recipe for this yummy open-faced skinny tuna melt.
Be sure and visit Karyl and learn how she creates all her scrumptious recipes and so much more. We’d love to hear your comments and visit Bowdabra blog each week for more amazing crafts, recipes and more each week.
Open faced skinny tuna melt
Servings: 2 people
- 2 English Muffins
- 4 slices roma or vine-ripened tomatoes
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces white Albacore tuna in water
- 2 Tablespoons carrots, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- Two Tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Avocado Oil mayo)
- 2 teaspoons yellow or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 5 dashes hot sauce of your choice (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat toaster oven or oven to 400 degrees.
Drain water well from tuna. Add to large bowl, and flake tuna well with a fork. Add carrots, celery, red onion, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Combine well. Add mayonnaise, mustard, red wine vinegar, hot sauce, and parsley. Fold ingredients into mixture.
Lightly toast English muffins. When done, lay each piece face up on flat surface. Spread half of cheese mixture equally on each muffin half. Top each muffin half with slice of tomato. Scoop equal amounts of tuna salad on each muffin half. Finish with remaining cheese.
Carefully transfer muffins directly onto baking rack, and toast for 7-10 minutes. Remove carefully. ENJOY!
Please follow Bowdabra on Facebook and be sure and watch Bowdabra Facebook Live with Sandy Sandler on Monday evenings at 4:00 PST, 7:00 EST.