A glittered wine glass makes a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the wine lover on your list. Adorn it with a jazzy bow to make is extra special.
Supplies for the Glittered Wine Glass
- Mini Bowdabra
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Two 5″ x 9″ lengths of white tulle
- Two 4½” lengths of red glitter ribbon
- Fine red glitter
- Painter’s tape
- Dishwasher-safe Gloss Mod Podge
- Mod Podge Super Hi-Shine Clear Acrylic Sealer
Instructions for the Bow
- Cut dovetail ends on the 4½″ lengths of red glitter ribbon by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Scrunch the two lengths of tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Add the two lengths of red glitter ribbon.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, tie a secure knot. Bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow.
- Fluff the tulle and set the bow aside.
Instructions for the Glittered Wine Glass
- Used painter’s tape on the bottom of the goblet/top of the stem to protect it from unwanted Mod Podge.
- Cover the stem and base of the glass with a coat of Dishwasher-safe Gloss Mod Podge.
- While the Mod Podge is still wet, sprinkle with a generous coat of fine, red glitter. Set aside to dry thoroughly.
- Coat the glittered areas with two coats of Mod Podge Super Hi-Shine Clear Acrylic Sealer. Allow to dry thoroughly between applications.
- Remove painter’s tape.
Adorn the Wine Glass with the Bow
- Position the bow at the top of the stem with one bow wire end on each side of the stem. Twist the wires together twice on the back side of the wine glass.
- Bring the wire ends to the front of the bow, and tie a secure knot.
- Wrap one end of the wire around a thin skewer, forming a tight coil. Gently remove the skewer. Repeat with the second bow wire end.
- Cheers!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!