Whether you are planning to entertain friends to Celebrate Chinese New Year, or just want to create a special dinner for your family. This Chinese New Year table setting is elegant and amazingly easy with Bowdabra! Be sure to check out my recipe for Asian inspired chicken wraps and tips for your Chinese New year table setting at the end of this post!
Chinese New Year table setting
For each napkin ring, you are going to need:
- Bowdabra Mini
- Bowdabra Bow Wire – Gold (22″ Piece for each napkin ring)
- 8 – 10 pieces of ribbon / trim 5″ in length (you can also add in bits of fabric or tulle!) *Use a mix of black, red and gold and mix patterns and textures
- Gold Tone Button with Shank Back
- Black Elastic Hair Ties (Dollar Store!)
Now let’s see how easy these napkins rings are:
- Take your Gold Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold in half, place across your Bowdabra Mini and tuck ends underneath
- Start with your widest piece of ribbon, pinch (as shown in picture) and push onto the Bowdabra, layer the rest of your ribbon and trim bits
- Using the tool, scrunch all of your ribbon/trim pieces tight!
- Now pull out your Bowdabra Bow Wire, thread the 2 loose ends through the loop where you folded it in half and pull TIGHT to secure your ribbon/trim pieces.
- Tie a knot with wire
- Thread button onto Bow Wire, then knot again on back side of button/ribbons
- Tie onto hair elastic and trim ends
- Fluff & twist your ribbon ends to make a nice shape
My tips for great table settings:
- Dollar Store — pick up basic dinner plates and bowls in colors to match your theme
- Plate Chargers – I purchased plate chargers on clearance at Michael’s for $1 a piece — I have spray painted them MANY times to match my table decor – – it’s a great way to bring color to your table
- Shop in your own home, this is the Year of the Dog, I am a dog fanatic – so happen to have some great dog tchotchkes to use with my table setting!
- Nothing has to be matchy-matchy !
And now for my super easy, fabulous chicken wrap recipe!
- 1-2 Cups cubed Cooked Chicken (use roasted whole chicken from grocery store)
- Sesame Seeds
- Chili Sauce
- Coconut Enzymes or Soy Sauce
- Large Lettuce Leaves (Green Leaf Lettuce)
- Pre-shredded Coleslaw Mix
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chopped Green Onion
- Slivered Almonds
- Heat oil over medium heat, add sesame seeds and saute until golden brown
- Add chicken and 2 – 3 Tablespoons of Chili Sauce and a few shakes of soy sauce
- Toss and stir until heated through
- Scoop chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and top with remaining ingredients
- Serve with jasmine rice and egg drop soup – YUM!
Thanks for stopping by Bowdabra blog today!