March is National Craft Month. Celebrate by creating this easy-to-make ribbon chapstick holder. You only need a couple supplies and basic sewing skills.
Supplies to Make the Ribbon Chap Stick Holder
- 10″ length 1½” patterned grosgrain ribbon
- 1 swivel clip
- Thread to match your ribbon
Instructions for Making the Ribbon Chap Stick Holder
- Cut the ribbon to length. Pass the ends through a flame to seal them.
- Thread one end of the ribbon through the swivel clip.
- Turn up a ¼” hem, and press in place.
- On the opposite end (bottom), turn up a 1″ hem and press in place.
- Stitch both hems.
- Fold the bottom up toward the swivel end forming a 2¼” pocket.
- Stitch the pocket in place.
- This is the direction that I stitched my chapstick holder.
- Never be without chapstick again!!
We hope you visit Bowdabra blog each week for more amazing craft tutorials like this one by Bowdabra designer Carole Lassak!