You can make this cute little pompom bunny in just about any color yarn you may have. I made mine in gray yarn but he would look equally adorable in pink, white or any pastel color.
Make your pompom quick and easy using the Bowdabra bow maker tool, or any pompom maker you may have on hand. Then, use a few little extra touches to bring your pompom bunny to life!
Let’s get started…
Yarn in a choice of color
Felt in white and pink
Two 12 mm white pompoms
1 5mm pink pompom
Two pink wiggle eyes or any color you want
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Bowdabra bow maker
Bowdabra bow wire
1. Make your pompom. To make a pompom with the Bowdabra, cut a piece of bow wire and insert into the Bowdabra horizontally. Next, begin to wrap the yarn around the towers of the Bowmaker. (See photo)
2. Continue wrapping the yarn around 60 times.
3. Now, tie the bow wire tightly around the wrapped yarn.
4. Remove from the Bowdabra and tie another few knots as tightly as possible.
5. Cut all the loops. Trim and shape up the pompom.
6. Next, cut long teardrop shape from the white felt. Curt another one using the first one as a guide. (Ears) Now, cut a smaller teardrop shape from pink to fit on the inside of the ear, repeat for a second on as you did the first.
7. Cut a small piece of chenille stem and glue to the white felt ear. Then, glue the pink interior of the ear over the top of the chenille stem. This will allow you to bend and shape the ear. Repeat for the second ear.
8. Move the yarn pieces to make a space to insert the ears. Add a dab of glue on the end of each ear and insert into the pompom.
9. Glue two 12mm pompoms together on the front of your bunny. (Muzzle) Then, glue the 5mm pompom in the center (nose)
10. To finish, glue two wiggle eyes above the muzzle. Enjoy your pompom bunny!
This quick and easy kid’s craft is by Bowdabra designer Crystal from Make it easy crafts. Please stop by Bowdabra blog each week as we post more quick and easy craft tutorials, video DIYs and more from our team of creative designers. And don’t forget to watch Sandy Sandler live on Facebook each week!
Thanks for stopping by!