This Easter gift box is a clever way to recycle an ordinary egg carton. All sorts of treasures can be tucked into the wells of the carton—from toys and trinkets for children to chocolates and jewelry for adults.
Supplies to Make an Easter Gift Box
- 12″ length 1½” Easter-themed patterned satin ribbon
- 48″ length 1½” Easter-themed patterned satin ribbon
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
- Pulp-type egg carton
- FolkArt Color Shift acrylic paint
- Adhesive or hot glue
Preparing the Easter Gift Box
- Cut a pulp egg carton in half.
- Paint the egg carton with two coats of FolkArt Color Shift acrylic paints.
- Let dry.
Instructions for Making the Bow for the Easter Gift Box
- Cut ribbons to length, and quickly pass the ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra. You can tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Place the 12″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Make a fold-and-twist bow with the 48″ length of patterned ribbon with three loops on each side of the Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons in the Bowdabra with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow.
- Bring the wire ends to top of the bow, and tie securely.
- Wrap one wire end around a skewer, pencil, or knitting needle to form a coil. Gently remove the skewer. Repeat with the remaining wire end.
- Fluff the bow.
- Attach the bow to the egg carton gift box with strong adhesive or hot glue.
Now you’re ready to fill your Easter gift box with all sorts of goodies.
Visit Bowdabra blog each week for more amazing gifts and crafts from our team of creative designers!