I put up a patriotic display beginning Memorial Day weekend and leave it in place through Labor Day. Red, White, and Blue are my summer colors! follow this easy DIY and you can make this beautiful Memorial Day wreath.
My front door was needing a fresh wreath for the summer season, and with the Bowdabra, I was able to create this beautiful Memorial Day wreath in under 30 minutes with a price tag under $15.00
Start your timer and let’s make a wreath!
Quick and Beautiful Memorial Day wreath
What I used:
- Bowdabra Bow Maker
- Gold Bowdabra Bow Wire (cut to 24″)
- 14″ Wreath Form ($4.20 with 40% Coupon)
- 3 Yds Red/White Stripe Ribbon ($2.99 with 40% Coupon)
- 3 Yds Navy Ribbon ($1.49 in Clearance Bin)
- Three Wood Stars (.29 cents each = .87 cents)
- White Acrylic Paint and Glitter (from my stash)
- Tools: Scissors, Measuring Tape, Hot Glue Gun
Making the wreath:
- Paint wood stars, sprinkle with glitter and set aside
- Place a couple of dots of hot glue on your wreath and attach one of end red/white ribbon and then wrap ribbon around your wreath form until it is gone. Attach end with hot glue
- There will be a gap of wreath form showing – using a piece of ribbon and hot glue, cover this gap – set covered wreath form aside
Now it’s time to create the bow:
- Create a “Fold Bow” using your Bowdabra. This is a fast, easy bow – good for ribbon that is the same on both sides (no “right” or “wrong” side)
- Fold Gold Bowdabra Wire in half, lay across Bowdabra and tuck ends underneath unit to keep them out of the way while you are making bow
- To create 7″ tails on this bow, cut a 14″ piece of navy ribbon and lay into Bowdabra
- Now it’s time to create bow loops. Simply pinch one end of navy ribbon and push down into Bowdabra to start
- Using the edges of the Bowdabra as a guide for the size of your loops, Fold your ribbon back and forth pushing into the Bowdabra (continue until you have used all ribbon)
- Use the Bowdabra wand to tightly scrunch your loops down into the Bowdabra
- With bow still in the Bowdabra, pull ends of Gold Bow Wire out from underneath unit, thread the 2 cut ends through the loop on the other side (see picture) and pull tight. Remove bow from Bowdabra, separate Gold Bow Wire ends, pull around to the back of bow and knot. Trim ends
- Now shape and fluff your bow as desired
To finish wreath, attached bow and stars with hot glue
Did your timer go off yet? The Bowdabra makes creating projects like this so easy! Be sure to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss any of the fun ideas and projects!
Thanks for stopping by the blog – have a creative day!