Celebrate Fourth of July with a special patriotic hair bow!! The Mini Bowdabra makes it so easy that you might end up with a bow for every holiday.
Supplies for Patriotic Hair Bow
- 9″ x 6″ length red glitter tulle
- 24″ length 1½” patterned satin ribbon
- 3″ length ¼” red grosgrain ribbon (optional; for alternative finishing technique)
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- 1 covered elastic hair tie
- Mini Bowdabra
Instructions for Making Patriotic Hair Bow
- Dovetail the ends of the patterned ribbon by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle. Quickly pass all ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Tuck the wire ends under the Mini Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Add the elastic hair tie to the Mini Bowdabra.
- Scrunch the 9″ length of tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Make a fold-and-twist bow with the 24″ length of patterned ribbon with two 2½” loops on each side of the Mini Bowdabra. Leave a 7″ tail before making the first loop.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- Bring the end of the wire up through the hair tie. With the hair tie and bow still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a tight and secure knot around the hair tie and ribbons on the right side of the bow.
- Coil the wire ends around your finger.
- Wear your new bow with patriotic pride!!
Alternative Finishing Technique
- Complete step 1 through 8 as above.
- Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Trim the wire ends.
- Hot glue one end of the ¼” ribbon to the center of the reverse side of the bow. Wrap the ribbon around the bow and secure on the reverse side with another spot of hot glue.
Now you’re ready for all the Fourth of July celebrations.