What do you do with all the little tickets, cards, programs and more from your vacations? Make this easy vacation memorabilia organizer with Bowdabra! The Bowdabra vacation memorabilia organizer is so attractive and quick to make, you will want to make one every year!
Updated July 2018
Vacation memorabilia organizer
Vacation brochures, maps, programs, etc.
5 pieces per color (3 colors in all) of ribbon 3/8” wide 4” strands, diagonal cut
3/8” wide piece of coordinating ribbon cut 8-12” long
3/8” wide piece of additional ribbon to finish the center, cut 6” long
Clear Nail Polish
- Line up all of your items for your vacation scrapbook together. Punch a hole in the corner of each item you’d like included.
- To make the bow for your vacation memorabilia scrapbook: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half.
- Gather the strands of different ribbon. Prior to making your bow make sure each strand has a diagonal cut at each end, and that the ends of the ribbon have been sealed with clear nail polish. Place the ribbon strands into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Arrange the strands at various angles. Use the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler as your guide to keep all the strands at even lengths.
- Continue adding ribbon lengths one on top of each other.
- Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
- While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
- Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow.
- Fluff the Spiky Bow and add an additional piece of 8-inch long finishing ribbon to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
Assemble your vacation organizer
- Thread a coordinating piece of ribbon through the punched holes of the memorabilia to create a loop. (Or you can optionally use a metal ring)
- Attach the finished bow onto a ribbon loop using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Once the bow is attached, cut the Bowdabra Bow Wire. *Cut the additional ribbon on a loop at a diagonal to blend into the rest of the bow, and fluff.