As much as I hate to say goodbye to summer it will soon be time to welcome the clear, crisp days of autumn. I’ll be ready with this stunning fall decor piece using a mason jar and ribbon.
Supplies for Making the Fall Decor Piece Using a Mason Jar
- 12″ length 1½” patterned ribbon
- 11″ length 1½” patterned ribbon
- 30″ length 1½” patterned ribbon
- 11″ length 2″ burlap ribbon
- 11″ length ½” burlap ribbon
- Acrylic craft paint
- Pint mason jar
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Strong liquid adhesive or hot glue
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for Making the Fall Decor Piece Using a Mason Jar
- Paint the inside of the mason jar with a generous coat of acrylic craft paint. Turn the jar upside down allow excess paint to drain. When the excess paint has drained, turn the jar right side up, and allow the paint to dry.
- Dovetail the ends of the patterned ribbon by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle. Quickly pass all ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra. Tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Place the center of the 12″ length of patterned ribbon in the Bowdabra. Place the end of the 30″ length of patterned ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Make a two-loop fold-and-twist bow with the 30″ length of patterned ribbon. Any extra length of ribbon can be trimmed, or left as a tail.
- With the bow still in the Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Tie a secure knot on the reverse side of the bow. Trim wire ends.
- When the paint in the jar is dry, add the 11″ lengths of burlap and patterned ribbon to form a band around the jar. Secure in place with liquid adhesive or hot glue.
- Lay the finished bow on top of the 3″ length of ½” burlap ribbon on a work surface. Lay the 11″ length of ½” burlap ribbon on top of the bow. Wrap the 3″ length of ribbon around the bow and length of burlap ribbon, and secure in place with liquid adhesive or hot glue.
- Glue the narrow burlap ribbon around the jar lid. Screw the jar lid onto the jar.
- Your mason jar fall decor piece is ready for a tea light candle or fall floral arrangement. Enjoy the crisp days.