We are featuring a recipe for peppery grilled chicken orzo from guest blogger Karyl from Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade this week. If you are short on time you will have this tasty recipe on the table in 35 minutes! Great for weeknight dinners.
Be sure a visit Karyl and see more of her amazing and delicious recipes and restaurant reviews at Karyl’s Kulinary Krusade
Peppery Parmesan Grilled Chicken Orzo
Course: Main Course
Keyword: Grilled Chicken, Grilled Chicken Orzo, Orzo
Servings: 2 people
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thin-sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 2/3 cup dry orzo
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth (I use homemade)
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- freshly grated parmesan, for garnish
- Heat grill pan and grill chicken until fully cooked through, Set aside
- In a large skillet, heat oil and red pepper flakes over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for about 3 minutes, until onions are slightly softened. Add garlic and cook for one minute
- Stir in dry orzo, add white wine and let cook for 2 minutes
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add the vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. When bubbles start to form, reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring often until the orzo is tender and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- When liquid is nearly absorbed, add spinach and stir until spinach has wilted. Add butter and stir to fully combine.
- Add grilled chicken and combine
- Portion into bowls, top with Parmesan. Add more red pepper flakes, if desired