Fall is in the air, and that means apples are in abundance at the farmers’ markets. Grab some tart ones and make this perfect fall Apple Cider Bundt Cake. There is definitely nothing better than filling your home with the scent of yummy baked goods.
Again, we’d like to remind you to be sure and watch Sandy Sandler as she brings you Facebook each Monday! Of course, you will want to download the new Bowdabra App and keep updated on everything Bowdabra!
Ingredients for Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- 1½ c. flour
- 1½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. ground nutmeg
- ¾ t. ground cloves
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 large tart apple (Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, etc.)
- ¾ c. cider vinegar
- ½ c. milk
- ½ c. softened butter
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for the Glaze
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. cider vinegar
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Then, coat bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Wash, peel, and core the apple. Cut into wedges. Combine with vinegar and simmer until the apple pieces are tender.
- Puree cider and apple, and add to milk. Set aside.
- Then, mix dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add oil to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add one-third of the dry mixture, one-third of the liquid, and one egg. Beat until mixed.
- Then, repeat Step 6 two more times.
- Pour batter into bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the cake tester comes clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then, remove from pan and cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- Bring the glaze ingredients to a boil for 1 minute.
- Pierce the cake liberally with a cake tester, thin skewer, or toothpick.
- Drizzle the glaze on the top of the cake allowing it to trickle over the edges.
- With the glaze is still wet, sprinkle with sugar.
Finally, we would like to share an additional fall recipe for Pumpkin spice oatmeal cookies. Wouldn’t these cookies be fabulous together with a steaming cup of after-dinner coffee?
Also, we’d love to hear your comments.