Make a special Halloween treat bag by dressing it up with a bow. These are great for party take-home bags, or for those special munchkins that come trick or treating.
Supplies for Halloween Treat Bag Bow
- 15″ length 6″ orange tulle
- 21″ length 3/8″ ribbon
- Scraps of ribbon in Halloween colors, up to 7″ in length
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra tool
- treat bag
- Rhinestone gem (optional)
Instruction for Halloween Treat Bag Bow
- Cut ribbon ends on an angle. Quickly pass all ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the Bowdabra bow wire in half and place in the Bowdabra.
- Tuck the wire ends under the Bowdabra so they are out of the way.
- Scrunch the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra.
- Layer the ribbon scraps to top of the tulle starting with the widest ribbons.
- Make a three-loop bow with the 3/8″ ribbon.
- Continue to add short, narrow ribbon scraps.
- Compress the ribbons in the Mini Bowdabra with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the ends of the bow wire through the loop, and tighten.
- Bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends in place to tie the bow onto the treat bag.
- Fluff the bow, and attach to a treat bag.
- Wait for your little gremlins to claim their special Halloween treat bag.