Make the perfect bow for a hostess gift. The holidays are a busy time of visiting friends and relatives and attending parties. Embroidered napkins with holiday images make the perfect hostess gift, and you can dress up the presentation with a Bowdabra bow.
Supplies for Hostess Gift Bow
- 21″ length 2½” wired ribbon
- 54″ length 2½” wired ribbon
- 18″ length Bowdabra bow wire
- Bowdabra Bow Making and Design Tool
Instructions for Hostess Gift Bow
- Dovetail the ends of the ribbon by folding the ribbon in half lengthwise and cutting away the tip at an angle. Quickly pass all ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra.
- Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep they out of the way.
- Place the center of the 21″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra face up.
- Place the end of the 54″ length of ribbon in the Bowdabra face down.
- Make a three-loop fold-and-twist bow with the 54″ length of ribbon. Each loop should be approximately 3″.
- After the three loops on each side of the Bowdabra are complete, form a circle with the remaining tail and put the end piece in the Bowdabra face down.
- Compress the ribbon with the Bowdabra Wand.
- With the bow still in the Mini Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten. Tie a secure knot. Bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow and tie a second knot. Leave the wire ends long.
- Fluff the bow.
- Wrap a length of ribbon around the hostess gift, and use the wire ends to attach the bow.