Easter is just around the corner, and even little girls need an Easter bonnet!! This Easter bow headband it the perfect accessory for any Easter outfit.
Supplies for the Easter Bow Headband
- 18″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool
- 24″ length 9″ wide white tulle
- 66″ length 7/8″ (or 1″) white satin ribbon
- Six 6″ lengths 1/8″ satin ribbon in spring colors
- 5″ length 1/4″ white satin ribbon
- One headband
- One focal point charm
- E6000 adhesive
Instructions for Making the Easter Bow Headband
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Scrunch the tulle into the Bowdabra.
- Make a bow with five loops on each side of the Bowdabra post.
- Add the six lengths of colored accent satin ribbon to the Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Trim the wire ends to about 1/4″.
- Place a dot of adhesive on the center of the back side of the bow. Wrap the 1/4″ satin ribbon once around the bow. Clamp in place if necessary. Let adhesive dry thoroughly. Do not trim the wrapping ribbon.
- Attach the bow the the headband using the remaining length of the 1/4″ wrapping ribbon and adhesive. Let adhesive dry thoroughly.
- Add focal point charm with adhesive to the front of the bow.
As an alternative to a headband, this bow can be attached to a hair clip. Follow Steps 9 — 11, substituting a hair clip of your choice for the headband.