It’s never too early to think about Christmas, and wrapping the perfect present with the perfect gift wrap bow. Practice during Christmas in July, and in December you’ll be a pro!! Gift wrapping doesn’t have to make you crazy. Watch this video to learn the Japanese method of gift wrapping. And making the perfect gift bow is easy-peasy using the Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool.
Supplies for the Perfect Gift Bow
- 18″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 12″ length 1½” wide wired ribbon
- 10 length 5/8″ wide ribbon
- 75″ length 1½” wide wired ribbon
- Length 8½” wide tulle (length dependent upon size of package)
- Bowdabra Bow Making & Design Tool
Instructions for Making the Perfect Gift Bow
- Cut ribbons to appropriate lengths. Dovetail the ends of the ribbons by folding the ribbon in half and cutting the fold on an angle. Quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Center the 12″ length of wired ribbon in the Bowdabra.
- Add the 10″ length of 5/8″ ribbon, centered in the Bowdabra.
- Place one end of the 75″ length of wired ribbon face down in the Bowdabra.
- Make a ten-loop fold and twist bow—five loops on each side of the Bowdabra center pillar.
- Compress the ribbons with the Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop and tighten.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to the gift package.
- Make final adjustments to the bow loops and fluff the bow.
- Wrap an appropriate length of 8½” tulle around the package, spreading the tulle along each side.
- Use the bow wire tails to attach the perfect gift bow to the tulle.