While the temperatures where I live are still screaming summer, my calendar tells me it’s time to start decorating for fall! Today I am sharing a mini ribbon topiary made with the Bowdabra Mini. Using Bowdabra it’s so easy to create Farmhouse chic fall decor in minutes!
Farmhouse chic fall decor
What you will need
- Bowdabra Mini with Measuring Tool
- Bowdabra Bow Wire (I am using the gold)
- 1/4″ Ribbon in varying lengths (this is a great project to use up your ribbon leftovers! – and think gingham prints and burlap textures to get the farmhouse look!)
- Styrofoam Ball (mine measures 12″ around)
- Vase /Base to Hold Finished Topiary (I found this mini iron urn at a thrift store for $3 and spray painted it black- an inexpensive terra cotta pot would also work great for this project!)
- Hot glue gun
Make your bows
For this project, I am using the Fold & Twist Bow technique for ribbon that is patterned on one side, or has a “right” & “wrong” side (Fold and Twist Bow Video)
My styrofoam ball measures 12″ around, so I am using the 1.5″ marker on the Bowdabra Measuring Tool to size my bows and have created 25 bows to cover my styrofoam ball.
Depending on the ribbon you use and size of your topiary, you may need to make more or less
Create your topiary
Trim excess bow wire and “fluff” your bows.
Using a hot glue gun, attach buttons to finished bows
Attach your finished bows to the styrofoam ball – crowd them together to get a nice full look and “fluff” them again to get coverage
Place your topiary on your base
Creating a Tablescape
To create my fall decor tablescape, I have used the following items with my Bow Topiary:
- Round wood tray
- Orange slice candies in an over-sized mason jar (jar from Michael’s)
- Mums in a distressed terra cotta planter
- Faux squash (Walmart)
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!