Upcycle a Mason jar. Add a Bowdaba ribbon bow. You’ve just made a fabulous Halloween decor piece.
Supplies and Equipment to Make Halloween Decor Piece
- Three 8″ lengths 7/8″ Halloween patterned grosgrain ribbon
- Two 6″ lengths of four different 7/8″ Halloween patterned grosgrain ribbons
- 12″ length 6″ glitter tulle
- 24″ length Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Mason jar
- Martha Stewart Multi-surfaces Acrylic Paint
Instructions to Make Halloween Decor Piece
Note: These grosgrain ribbons are from LaRibbons® Halloween Collection.
- Paint the inside of the jar with multi-surface acrylic paint.
- Cut the ribbons to length, and quickly pass the ribbon ends through a flame to seal the ends.
- Make the Corkscrew Ribbons
- Spiral the three 8″ ribbons around a large knitting needle or 3/8” dowel rod. Secure the ribbon ends with pinch clothes pins.
- Mist lightly with water.
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 250° F for 20 minutes.
- After the ribbons are cool, gently slide from the knitting needle or dowel.
- Fold the bow wire in half and put in the Mini Bowdabra. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
- Scrunch the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra. Layer the 6″ lengths of patterned ribbon on top of the tulle.
- Add the corkscrew ribbons to the Mini Bowdabra.
- Compress the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
- With the ribbons still in the Bowdabra, pass the wire ends through the loop, tighten, and tie a secure knot.
- Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra, bring the wire ends to the back side of the bow, and tie a secure knot. Leave the wire ends long for attaching the bow to the Mason jar.
- Make final adjustments to the ribbons and fluffy the bow.
- Use the wire ends to attach the finished bow to the rim of the Mason jar.
- Add a colorful fall arrangement or a string of battery operated lights. Enjoy!!